Hello one and all! Welcome to our blog! I'm new to all of this and I'm excited to explore and discover the benefits of blogging. Everyone is always telling me they miss me and wonder what I'm up to, so to all of you who wonder, Blogger to the rescue!
Mostly we have a simple life. We aren't extraordinary by any means, but we are definitely unique. Since some of you may not be familiar with me or my boyfriend, Dusty. I'd like to have some introduction:
Dusty, 26, was born and raised in Kearns, UT. He is the oldest of two boys and very close to his family. (One of the reasons I fell in love with him). Dusty is a professional fly fishing guide. Guiding has been his life-long dream. I am so proud of him for persuing this goal throughout the years. It's not always easy working a seasonal job, but he makes it every year and looks forward to getting back in the water. He not only fulfilled his dream, but is one of the best anglers in the state of Utah, if not the United States. --I'm not proud or anything, am I? Along with fishing, Dust loves to hunt. From elk and deer to rabbits and pot-guts, he will find it and shoot it. I can't exactly blame him for this love of his. It is a big piece of his family's patchwork. Dusty's shared many stories with me about waking up before the sun to go with his Dad and Uncles on one adventure or another! Dusty also loves to learn. Every day I see him looking up something is interested in learning more about. He is very involved in his interests and stands up for his beliefs. Oh, so many traits I love about Dusty. I could go on for hours.
Me? I'm 24, raised in Taylorsville. I'm the youngest of 3 girls and also close to my family. I am working at a company called Encover as an Order Management Specialist. It's about as exciting as the name. I enjoy my job and (most of) the people I work with. I also participate in coaching a youth Baton Twirling class each week. I have so much fun teaching the girls! I learn a lot from them too! There are 4 "tiny tots" all under the age of 6. I definitely get my exercise! I love reading and getting 'inside my head' as I call it. It's a time I can escape the world and concentrate on novels. I love to get out of the city and be in the country. Dusty is teaching me how to see wildlife. I never knew I was such a 'city-girl' until I met him. I have so much fun just looking at flowers and trees. I love to see nature as it is without man. It puts things into perspective for me and I long to see it more often.
"How would these two get along?" you may ask. Well, it's interesting. Dusty took me with him on his antelope hunt. A DEFINITE first for me. I took him to his first play. THAT was interesting. (We left at intermission). I'm still determined to get him to a ballet. He and I do so much together and I am always learning something new. He teaches me how to cook....that's a work in progress. He teaches me about geography and animals and fishing and hunting and so many things in this world I didn't know! So here we are. We are here having fun, enjoying each other and taking the journey life gives us. Come along with us and stay tuned for more posts to come. Thanks for spending time with us. I hope you enjoy the reading.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 thumbs up :)
ReplyDelete