All because two people fell in love..

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Confessions of a Junior Baton Coach




Whoa. I just got back from teaching baton. Today was a rough class. I co-coach with a girl I twirled with growing up, Melanie. She is so great with the kids and she's a great twirler. It seems like she's made for coaching. Today, I had the 4 younger girls (ages 3, 4, and 6). I love hanging out with these girls. They are so much fun. But I do not have the ability to control them very well. Maybe it's because I haven't had kids yet, but I just don't have the 'thing' that makes them listen to me. I have such a hard time trying to get them all on the same page at the same time. They just want to run amok! It's so much fun teaching them tricks. At first they all just say, "No, I can't do that." Then seeing their faces light up with such pride and excitement. I love that feeling! I suppose I'll try to keep remembering those moments instead of all the times I'm standing there by myself and they are running around screaming and leaping off stools, hanging from the ballet bar....*sigh*


To top it off, today is very gloomy. It's been raining all morning and the clouds are so thick. I have errands to run and all I want to do is curl up with a good book and a blanket. I love the sound of rain hitting a window. Something about it is so calming and soothing. I guess that's the silver lining to this dreary weather. Hopefully I'll fit some book time in today. Know of any good books? I've been thinking of joining a book club. Or starting one.... Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. If you don't start reading the book I lent you, I'm going to come over there and beat you with it!!

    ReplyDelete